This page provides information on how Werksta Norway AS processes personal data for registered persons in the archiving systems.
- Purpose of data processing
- The personal data we process
- Recipients of personal data
- The data subject’s rights
Werksta Norway AS, c/o Bulk Bilskadeservice AS, Gladenveien 8, 0661 Oslo, www.werksta.no, tel +47 468 85 143
The Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), is a new EU joint regulation that applies throughout the EU from May 25, 2018. The GDPR replaces the Norwegian Personvernforordningen and is designed to strengthen the individual’s rights.
The personal information we collect about you is necessary for us to be able to handle you as a customer, fulfil our contractual obligations and provide our services. The information may also be used for marketing through, for example, letters or mail. Personal data is stored no longer than necessary. More information about how we handle your personal information can be found below.
Purpose of data processing
Werksta processes personal information in order to provide repair services and assess damage and costs. The legal basis for this treatment is the creation or prior existence of a contract between Werksta and the data subject. The legal basis for this treatment as a repair service is rooted in Werksta’s legitimate interest in fulfilling a contract between Werksta and a given organization. Billing information is treated as required by law.
We process personal information related to customer service and feedback. If the data is not related to providing repair services, the purpose of processing Werksta is its legitimate interest in providing excellent customer service.
Online services, marketing, and other processing
Offering online services requires the processing of online identifiers. We collect data on the use of our online services for statistical purposes and tailor our marketing based on this. Providing online services, collecting data on their use and marketing is in our legitimate business interest. By offering quality services online, we make it easier for potential customers to interact with us. Electronic marketing lets us inform potential customers about our services and leads our business. The data subject may also consent to marketing separately when contacting us for repair services.
The data subject’s consent is required for marketing and advertising based on the service data of the electronic services. You consent to your continued use of our online services after closing the cookie notification of cookies.
We also process personal information about Norwegian-speaking individuals to:
- Provide mapping, placement and guidance services.
- Deliver updates on our new blog posts via MailChimp.
- Take steps before entering into contracts with organizations.
- Inform potential customers about our services and promote our services to them.
- Manage appointments that we receive
Legal obligations and prevent abuse
We process personal data while ensuring the security of our processing and facilitating the exercise of the registered rights. Exercise of the registered rights requires that we confirm the identity of the registered person. We store information about data rights requests to demonstrate compliance.
When necessary, we may process personal information to identify, prevent or investigate abuse of our services. This treatment is based on Werksta’s legitimate interest. By reducing the abuse of our services, we are able to direct our resources to serve our customers according to our service promise.
Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use automated decision making or profiling in the processing of personal data.
We process the following personal information
We process the following personal data:
- Identification and contact information.
- Vehicle information, vehicle photos and information related to repair services.
- Insurance and billing information.
- Messages we have received.
- Information provided in connection with employment applications.
- Online identifiers and information about using our online services.
- Client device placement.
- Information on the exercise of the registered rights.
We collect data from registered and other companies with which the registered trades, such as insurance companies, leasing companies and salvage companies. We also collect data from our web services. When needed, we retrieve data from public sources, such as online services, telephone registers, or vehicle registers. We also use external records and surveys for marketing and communication purposes.
Required fields on forms or contracts online are required to enter into a contract. Contracts may require that we request additional information.
How long do we store your personal data?
- Data processed to provide repair services: 5 years.
- Data on the exercise of rights persons: 2 years.
- Data processed with permission: for the allowed duration.
- Data processed during billing and accounting: the statutory period.
- Data processed for recruitment applications: 6 months after the end of the application period.
- Analytics and marketing services: minimum storage period required for processing and permitted by our partners.
- Data processed to inform business clients about our services: during this scheme.
- Data processed for marketing between companies: the period required for sales and collaboration, up to 4 years after the last contact.
In other cases, we store the data for one year.
Recipients of personal data
Personal data is processed by the Werksta employees who work with case management. We transfer or disclose personal information to our partners based on their needs. Our partners are:Repair workshops we have partnered with, where the registered person receives services.
- Car rental suppliers.
- Subcontractors used by repair services.
- Credit services at the request of the data subject.
- Analytics, marketing and advertising partners, such as Google and Facebook.
- Communication service providers, such as Crisp and MailChimp.
- Service providers of systems used for repair or marketing services.
- Suppliers of billing or accounting systems or services.
- Other processors used by Werksta.
- The Motor Vehicle Register when data on the registered vehicle is retrieved from the Motor Vehicle Register for vehicles that use the vehicle registration number.
The recipients of personal data are bound by the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. This personal data is not transferred outside of the European Union unless specifically mentioned.
The rights of the data subject
If you wish to exercise your rights, please send your request by email to GDPR@werksta.no or by mail to Werksta Norway AS, c / o Bulk Bilskadeservice AS, Gladenveien 8, 0661 Oslo. We need to verify your identity, so please provide information that allows identification, such as a copy of your ID.
As registered, you are entitled to:
- Limitation in treatment
- Objections to treatment
- Withdraw your consent
- File a complaint with a supervisory authority